I set eggs today! **LOCKDOWN** Chicks are hatching!

I goofed! I forgot an EE egg that I set with my BLRWs so as I am peering and counting the pips in the BLRWs I swear I hear peeping from the other bator. I go check and OOPS
roll.png
there is a chick nestled in one of the cups in the egg turner. The humidity isn't even high in that bator but it didn't seem to affect this little EE hatching. At least the chick didn't get caught in the egg turner. I scooped it up and put in the BLRW bator to encourage the others
smile.png
ya.gif

Lockdown time!!! I added some eggs from a flakey broody hen, and two of them hatched out yesterday! Now I have a pip on one of my original eggs! It's a little bantam egg.

Here we go!!
wee.gif
This is the best part!

Well from my BLRW we ended up with 5 chicks 4 are bllue and 1 splash. My Dunccles are in the process of hatching today, we have been serenaded to sleep by peeping eggs since Day 17 and the incubator is right by or bedroom. Right now we have 4 hatched and at least 8 more pipped.
pop.gif
just waiting on the rest to make their debut!
jumpy.gif

I think it depends on the chick, some are more loud than others. Mine just happen to be really loud, I was amazed because they were louder than the BLRWs and these are bantams. We are up to 6 chicks now
smile.png
I will probably fall asleep to the happy sound of peeping babies tonight as this hatch finishes out.

Back
Top Bottom