1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I set some eggs on the 6th of Jan., anyone else with the same set date

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jnetwk, Jan 17, 2010.

1. jnetwk

jnetwk Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2009
    Shreveport, La
    I have place 6 light sessux , 4 easter eggers, some barred rock, nhred, Buff orp, rir. Hubby found incubator last night lol:rolleyes:. 24 of the eggs are from a local which has 32 hens to 1 rooster, so not sure how many will be fertile. Can't wait to candle!!![​IMG]

2. Luvs chickens

Luvs chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2009
    Massachusettes
    I placed 13 EE eggs and 11 Milli ducille eggs on January 7th. just candled today and got rid of 7 duds. the rest are moving around with veining. [​IMG]

3. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I set 46 Silkies on Jan 7 and after first candleing am down to 33. I think that is great though considering they were shipped eggs from the FL to MN.

4. cedar post

cedar post Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    Seymour,WI.
    I set 24 eggs on Jan. 8 all wyandottes some blr some buff columbian project birds and some blue wyandottes. All LF eggs. First time incubating should be interesting. Mike

5. blessedchickenmama7

blessedchickenmama7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Western NC
    I set some on the 5th, with the 6th counting as day one since it was late afternoon. It's been an eventful hatch with a temp spike. I set 16 eggs: 4 silkies, 8 EE's blue/green, 4 EE's olive.

This is my first hatch.

6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I set a bunch on the 6th. dark brahmas and various silkies from ebay, some marans, olive eggers, ameraucanas, lavender orp project eggs, mottled javas.

7. Ban seabhag

Ban seabhag Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Glenn HWY Alaska
    My BCMs started Jan 6.

8. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    set my 5 Pure Light Brahma, 3 Brahma/EE and 1 Brahma/NH on Jan 6th about 4 pm.....first candling didn't show much, incubator temp has been funny, so awaiting the day 14 recandle to decide how many get moved to the garbage.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by