I should have taken a picture

ffibyar

Songster
8 Years
Oct 28, 2015
lorain county, Ohio
I went down to Meyer's today to get first aid need that I hope I don't need and some feed.

The chicks they don't sell for the Monday, Tuesday orders go into a brooder and are for sale for $2. each. Trouble is they have a policy that once the chick goes into their brooder they are not to tell you what each one is.

There were a couple handful of these chicks that had stripes on there wings Dark-ish color chicks. I so wanted to buy some of them but I started with 4 and a rooster. Got rid of them and now I have 37 girls.

I was telling my wife about them and how cute they were... she said she was surprised I didn't come home with more chicks today..... Only if I knew....

Sounds like another trip to Meyers may be in order...I'm sure you can come up with a very good excuse/reason, to go back!

welcome-byc.gif

Well.... gas is pretty cheep right now.... this would get me out of the house... all though I am out of the house most days getting my or I should say the girls and my coop in order.... lets see what happens tomorrow..... Good idea though!!

If they had striped wings and are dark birds, they could be Barred Rocks, which is a very good, and popular breed to start with. Of course their selection may be mosty males that they want to get rid of.

I have some Barred Rock and I don't remember them looking like that as chicks. I think also in the brooder tub it is only egg layers at Meyer's.
On Monday morning, after 9am they have an Available Now section that shows what they didn't sell that week. When I got back home I tried to figure what I was looking at there but.........

Thanks for all the kind welcomes!!!

Well, I should have taken a picture because they are all sold now. I went into cyber world looking at different breeds of chickens and the closest I came to was the darker colored Ameraucana if there is such a thing.

Back
Top Bottom