I should NOT have gone to TSC!

hey where in ohio are you?
i saw some at the on eby my house and then they were gone.
just thinking you were close to me
smile.png

What is it with TSC? I went last weekend and they were out of chicks, said they got their last shipment April 23. If I wanted 25 they would order them for me.
sad.png
Do they start earlier down south and end earlier too?

I have already indulged twice at TSC. I need to stay far away from the brooder tanks when I go back for feed next week. But they are addictive. I wish the one that I go to got in some polishes or frizzles or something along those lines. The one I go to gets their chicks from Mt. Healthy hatchery and they only order red sexlink, mallard ducks, and assorted bantams from them. I have bought a little of all of those already
tongue.png
, but my older daughter really wants a frizzle, and my younger daughter wants polishes. Right now we have 4 varieties of cochins, white silkies, silver laced wyandottes, sex links, sebrights, a couple of mystery chicks, and two mallard ducks. Good thing I have a guy building a BIG coop for my feathered kids! I'll have to wait to see how many boys and girls I have, but I know for sure that I already have at least two roosters, one is a wyandotte (he is my baby and he knows it too), and the other is a barred cochin. Still waiting to see what pops up in the rest of them. But it is addictive getting chicks there since you don't have to wait to bring them home. From the assorted bantams at TSC I got the sebright chicks, and the two mystery chicks. The other chicks I bought died within a day or two of bringing them home. We lost an OEGB an unidentified black chick, a sebright, an unidentified brown chick, and a buff silkie. We're happy with the babies we have and I am told by my kids that I spoil my chicks. I get them pushing and shoving one another trying to get to me for their share of lovins. I will miss them when they are outside, but I already decided that I will just pull up a lawn chair, a good book, and sit in their run with them a few times a week until winter. I find taking care of them to be soothing and I love watching them move around. They certainly are smarter than I first gave them credit for, and the ones I have named know their names and come to it already, and they are just shy of 4 weeks! I even have my future egg laying sex link chicks spoiled. If I walk near the brooder, Omelette is crying for me to pick her up and snuggle her. She will sit on my finger and lay her head on my shoulder and close her eyes and let me stroke her for up to a half hour without moving. She just loves it. And she was a TSC chick. I know the ladies over at the store know me well already, and I think that in future years they will get to know me even better. I love TSC!

Back
Top Bottom