I sometimes wonder...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by whiteflare, May 7, 2011.

1. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    I see so many people in great relationships around me. I sometimes wonder if I will ever be a part of one.

My life is pretty swell right now already, but sometimes someone like me just can't help wishing for everything...

Gee, I sound depressing. [​IMG]

2. ChicksterJo

ChicksterJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Grounded on Earth
    I used to say, before I found "The One," that "nothing is impossible to one with a willing heart." That was a big change from "good things come to those who wait"...I say, don't wait; go and find it [​IMG]

3. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    I can understand and sympathize.
    I have been 'alone' for a number (quite a number * sigh*) of years. Most of the time, I'm ok with that, but sometimes it would be nice to have a special someone, wouldn't it? I have been to 9, count them 9 family Christmas gatherings by myself, not counting my kids.
    These days, when I feel especially alone, I treat myself to a hike or a nice long day with my heart dog. He loves me totally and completely. It's the best I can do for now. At least I can tell him how I feel and he actually listens without making fun of me.
    Someday, though....................maybe?

BTW, I am sorta dreading July. A friend of mine is getting married. My kids will be my date. Oh well. I am happy for her, though. I do hope she gets what we all dream about.

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  4. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Yes, hopefully I'll find someone one day. It's still early though, and besides being practically the only person in my entire school without a date to the Year 12 formal, I'm doing okay. At least nobody hates me. *sighs wearily*

I've never been to a wedding in my life. Most of the people I know have been to a lot of weddings - friends, family members, etc. Oh, no. None of that stuff for me [​IMG]

I'd love a dog. It would actually appreciate my existence [​IMG] Right now, though, it looks like I will have to settle for my chickens. [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I was alone by choice while I raised my son. I spent 3 years looking and then gave up. I met Ken on yahoo personals and we went on one date and I never left. I waited 46 years for him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by