I speak chicken

suburbanhomesteader

Songster
12 Years
Apr 5, 2007
Southern Dallas County, TX
I used to think that Bo and The Production Reds were saying, 'Bawwwwk, bawwk". Today, they followed me around as I was weeding and gardening, and we were really doing some serious bonding.

After feeding one of them a grasshopper, it dawned on me that I just had never understood their accent.

What they were REALLY saying was, "buuuug, buggg, bug"

tongue.png

Isn't it fun when they follow you around? While I was working on the run today they were all around me and sat down right next to me in the shade when I sat to rest.
love.gif

Maybe you could come over to my house and ask my girls why they aren't laying yet...
hmm.png

Jess

Yes, I need to to tell me why Bleu the Roo thinks my flip flops are flirting with him and why my Buff Orpington loves to be snuggled when the others run.

I think you should be the chicken whisperer and have your own thread on here to answer questions for people and help them to better communicate with their chickens
D.gif
gig.gif

Hello my name is wendy and my chicken looked right up at me the other day and said "buk-buk....buk........*long pause* and then a long bugawk". I really feel like he was trying to tell me something
idunno.gif
can you help me?

I thought mine were saying "cheep, cheep, cheep", but after giving them some cheese... I now know they say "cheese, cheese, cheese"!!!!

They LOVE cheese!!

clap.gif
<------ This is what they do when I get the bag out!!!

I love when my chickens follow me around! They will now follow me out to the back barn when I go to feed the pigs - it's such a riot to be walking across the yard with a flock of 27 chickens running after me!!!

My broody australorp, Heidi, will actually say "hello"...I've got it on video...and I gotta figure out how to make it compatible (I took it on my cellphone) so others who don't believe it can see it. haha

big_smile.png

Lurky, I think your chicken was saying something to you (sorry, it's hard to get the inflection of the printed word), and when you didn't answer, she said, "what-EVER!!

Jackie, your roo thinks the straps on your flip-flops are the world's biggest worms, and the sound they make as they hit your heels is the sound of a kissing chicken, which may be making him feel amorous.

<back of hand on forehead>

Phew! This is exhausting work! I'm not cut out to be a Chicken Whisperer!

lol.png

Back
Top Bottom