i sprayed weed-be gone max

mdguffey

Chirping
12 Years
Sep 8, 2011
La Salle, Colorado
o.k. i screwed up. i have 3 acres being over run with weeds. i sprayed weed be gone max not thinking about my chickens ( the bottle says safe for pets and people after it dries) i made some calls and found out that chickens are not pets or people and could possibly harm them. i heard to keep them locked up for up to a year? question is how long to keep them locked up and is there anything i can do to fix my silly mistake?

I don't use weed killer of any sorts cuz I have 2 hives of honey bees so I am not an expert but a year seems kind of long I wonder if rain/water would wash it away enough to be less toxic, is there a phone number on the bottle you could call?

It doesn't sound all that dangerous according to the MSDS.

http://www.afpmb.org/sites/default/files/pubs/standardlists/msds/6840-01-377-7110_msds.pdf

Here's more info. I am not sure about the source.

http://www.wdmtexas.com/pdf/lawn-care/Guide to Yard products.pdf

Imp

mnferalkitty,

I don't know whether to laugh or run from your avatar.
lol.png

thanks Golden Feather, i downloaded the chemical list and will save it for future reference. i am probably being overly concerned but safety first. i hear all kinds of different thoughts on the subject. nothing concrete

That stuff is definitely not safe for people. I have relatives that used to live in a Town called Heflin Alabama. Both of them got the same type of cancer and both of them died. A few years later I watched a movie called the world according to Monsanto. Imagine my surprise to see Heflin Alabama mentioned. Huge sections of the town are contaminated with roundup. There are entire streets and communities where everyone has cancer. There is a scene in the documentary where the guy walks into a church and asks who here has cancer. The majority raised their hand.

Sadly, its a poor town that doesn't even have Internet faster than dial up. So the people cant research whats happening to them very well. I have relatives still living there that didn't even know anything was happening.

I wouldn't touch weedkiller with a ten foot pole.

Riki

thanks Golden Feather, i downloaded the chemical list and will save it for future reference. i am probably being overly concerned but safety first. i hear all kinds of different thoughts on the subject. nothing concrete

Isn't that so true, of much of life.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom