I still cannot control humidity and my partner may have made things worse.. HELP!

BeanSprout

Chirping
May 4, 2021
We are approaching day 20 of incubation. One egg made the tiniest pip hole, barely noticeable at first glance but its there. This happened probably 8 hours ago with no further progress.
I had (micro) managed the humidity throughout the day until I had to go to work at 3. The humidity had remained between 62-75 all day. I told my boyfriend to add A TINY bit of water when he got home if it was below 60. It was at 33!!! WTF I was only gone for 1.5 hours! He then proceeded to add more than just a tiny bit of water much to my (and now his) dismay. It was at 95 when I got home and I opened it to let some moisture out but it won't drop below 80. I am at a loss and so scared for them.

PLEASE HELP! Do I open it completely and pour the water out? What can I do? I already lost all 8 eggs from my last hatch and of course after 1 begins to hatch we run into these troubles.

We are approaching day 20 of incubation. One egg made the tiniest pip hole, barely noticeable at first glance but its there. This happened probably 8 hours ago with no further progress.
I had (micro) managed the humidity throughout the day until I had to go to work at 3. The humidity had remained between 62-75 all day. I told my boyfriend to add A TINY bit of water when he got home if it was below 60. It was at 33!!! WTF I was only gone for 1.5 hours! He then proceeded to add more than just a tiny bit of water much to my (and now his) dismay. It was at 95 when I got home and I opened it to let some moisture out but it won't drop below 80. I am at a loss and so scared for them.

PLEASE HELP! Do I open it completely and pour the water out? What can I do? I already lost all 8 eggs from my last hatch and of course after 1 begins to hatch we run into these troubles.
How long were you gone the second time...DO NOT dump the water out!!!!

I did not dump the water. Only gone for an hour. It's down to 75 right now, do you think things may end up okay? I did open the Bator a few times to get it down.
How is the pipped egg doing? I dont have much experience with hatching eggs, but I am sure that they should be fine, the humidity level is counted as the average (I learned that from a pro on BYC). Keep us posted!

What incubator do you use?
Unfortunately I probably screwed myself over as I have a cheap Vivohome incubator from Amazon. It has good reviews, but it does have a hard time maintaining humidity and only has one vent hole.
The eggs are shipped so I kept them upright and am hatching them upright. The pipped egg hasn't made any progress since I first noticed the pip. I am keeping my fingers crossed for more tomorrow. I put them in exactly 20 days ago at 9:45 tonight.

Unfortunately I probably screwed myself over as I have a cheap Vivohome incubator from Amazon. It has good reviews, but it does have a hard time maintaining humidity and only has one vent hole.
The eggs are shipped so I kept them upright and am hatching them upright. The pipped egg hasn't made any progress since I first noticed the pip. I am keeping my fingers crossed for more tomorrow. I put them in exactly 20 days ago at 9:45 tonight.
HEY HEY HEY Do not freak out!! You are ok! If you were only gone for 1.5 hours, then you will be fine!! I promise you. Just calm down and let nature do it’s work! 😄

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom