I still have gueses now updated with new pics and more chickens! Help

Once they molt into their juevinile plumage, it should be easier to tell. Not saying that we will be able to for sure, but we should be able to give you a decent idea. I think 5-6 weeks old is about the right age. JMHO

Lilc- I got 14 Rainbow mix at Orschelns Easter Weekend , after our Choc.Lab got into our 7 mon olds and killed 15. left 10. Anyway, I too have these brown "partridge looking" pullets and they look to be about the same age.

I just looked on Feathersite and it looks like our partridge looking babes are Partridge Rocks. Look at the Barred Rock page and see what you think.

The barred rock could be very possible..mine do have the yellow legs. The brown leghorn could be possible but I wonder what leg color they have. My brown ones do have the brown sparrow looking stripe down the back of their head. What purpose are these types of breeds. I think I read on here the Bo was a dual? How would I know if my buff one was a BO or just a buff of another breed?

Well they are not barred rocks, but partridge rocks. They are the same breed just a different color variety. They are a dual purpose breed (meat and eggs). They should be very docile and lay a good size cream/light brown colored egg. Leghorns also have yellow legs, but their bodys are a more slender, sleek build.

Ok so 2 partridge rocks and a Buff Orpinton and 1 roo and 2 pullets..that sounds good to me!
big_smile.png
Thanks Im suppose to get some more today, some RIRs and I dunno the other breed the Feed store has we will see. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom