I suspect coryza

LegbarMama

Songster
Mar 17, 2021
My rooster has a swollen eye, one side of his face is swollen and he has nasal discharge. I have a mixture of amoxicillin and tylosin, will this help?

Does he have a bad odor? Is there pus in the eye? Is the nasal discharge thick yellow or clear and thin? Any bubbles or foam in the eye? Coryza may have the bad odor, thick secretions, and may be more serious than MG. MG can be treated with Tylosin (Tylan) but coryza is better treated with sulfa drugs, such as SMZ TMP (bactrim,) sulfatrim, or sulfadimethoxine/Albon.

Does he have a bad odor? Is there pus in the eye? Is the nasal discharge thick yellow or clear and thin? Any bubbles or foam in the eye? Coryza may have the bad odor, thick secretions, and may be more serious than MG. MG can be treated with Tylosin (Tylan) but coryza is better treated with sulfa drugs, such as SMZ TMP (bactrim,) sulfatrim, or sulfadimethoxine/Albon.
I tried to smell the drainage but I didn't smell anything. It is thick tho. And now my hens sound congested as well. No bubbles or foam. This morning his eye was swollen shut. I put amoxicillin in their water and his eye is a little better now

More of my chickens are sick. They sound congested, clear nasal drainage, swollen faces and eyes 😕 I am thinking it may be mg. I am so worried because bc from what I've read it will never go away and I will have to close my flock off or cull them. I just hatched a alot of babies and they are still inside but I don't want it to get transferred to them😩

Back
Top Bottom