I swear I didn't plant it!!!

tripletfeb

Livin' in the new world with an old soul 🛸🏴‍☠️3T
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jun 9, 2018
The little farm, northern Ohio
So, earlier this afternoon, I went outside to dig my sweet potatoes up. It's been awhile since I've been in my garden and the weeds were loving my neglect. I got busy digging potatoes and pulling vines. Lo and behold, I pulled this out of the ground, thought it was a weed!! I have never even thought about planting peanuts, I live in northern Ohio for pete's sake! The only thing I can think of is my neighbor feeds the squirrels peanuts and they love to bury them in the soft soil, but who would have thought one would actually grow?! I have never given peanuts to my chickens. On a side note, this one potato got HUGE!

Attachments

• 20181019_183144.jpg
    20181019_183144.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20181019_164302.jpg
    20181019_164302.jpg
    559.2 KB · Views: 28
Ok, so the more I research it, the more I think I'm going to plant peanuts next year! It seems like they will grow good and since I canned 42 pints of beans this year, I don't need to plant those. My garden tends to grow weird stuff. Two years ago, I planted a canteloupe but it grew a cucumber first and then a canteloupe, from the same plant. I can't find the pictures to prove it but oh well.

Nice surprise!
I was digging my sweet potatoes yesterday too. Wish I would’ve found some peanuts. Dunno I keep hearing the song...found a peanut found a peanut on the ground....just now found a peanut...found a peanut on the ground.
Now Iffin no one knows this song Ima gonna feel reallll stupid. :lau

Oh, I know the song. I always hated it, it was too morbid for me. But it sounds like you know a different version. In the version I know, the boy finds a peanut rotten, eats it anyway, gets sick then dies. And now the song is stuck in my head, thanks a lot!!:barnie:gig

Nice surprise!
I was digging my sweet potatoes yesterday too. Wish I would’ve found some peanuts. Dunno I keep hearing the song...found a peanut found a peanut on the ground....just now found a peanut...found a peanut on the ground.
Now Iffin no one knows this song Ima gonna feel reallll stupid. :lau
Oh no, I know it well and will be singing it now that I’m about to lay down. Thanks for that! :lau I wish I was going to bed as a millionaire, but I’m sure I didn’t win the big payout tonight. But hey, there’s also tomorrow night!

Back
Top Bottom