I swear, I should just give up on this breed!

Don't give up. They are a fabulous little breed of chicken, and you will enjoy them so much. If you can save the money to get some decent ones, its really worth it. Where I live, I see "Seramas" offered on Craigs List or sometimes at the feed stores often, but they look more like some small mixed breed bantam, and are nothing close to the real thing. And I agree with Shelly that they are so tiny, and so fragile, as eggs, or as hatch-lings. If I were you, check the breeder list on the SCNA website, see if there is anyone remotely close to you, and contact them. They might sell their PQ birds at a reasonable price. It really is worth the extra money to get a real Serama. They are truly something special. I can understand why you are so anxious to have more. They are like potato chips, you can't just have one.

yo crazychicken, if you want i'll send you a few seramas. if you want to pay the shipping and the birds are free of charge . just want to help you out. please don't give up these are awsome birds!
hugs.gif
thumbsup.gif

80140_dscn5264.jpg
crazychicken here are a few i would part with and i have some black hens also let me know if this would be sometihng you would be intrested in ? just trying to pass on some serama love! these birds are so cool to raise please don't give up.
thumbsup.gif

I am just getting into them also. I bought a trio, and have a cockerel and a little older additional roo also. I'm looking for B class chocolates, and would REALLY like to find some cocoapops and give them a try. I know the cocopops are probably sort of a fad I guess, but I really do like their colors and hope to be part of the movement to be able to get them to breed true to color.

Good luck with your birds! They are neat little things!

And Bigb, that is so sweet of you! I'd rather purchase adults anyway so you can see what you are getting.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom