I swore this day would never come...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by f5mtadas, Oct 12, 2010.

1. f5mtadas

f5mtadas Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2010
    Yesterday morning i woke to a horrible noise! It sounded as though one of my chickens was dieing. Or like, you know when you squeez one of those rubber chickens? Anyways, it was a horrible noise, and it scared the poop out of me! I ran over to check what was wrong, but couldnt find anything, so i left it.

This morning i heard it again, so again i ran into the room scared poop-less. I waited for a moment and it hapopened again.. and again... i stood there watching for a while, only to realise that Dot was CROWING

2. swimmer

swimmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2010
    Utah
    Oh no! That wouldn't go over too well with my neighbors.

3. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    LOL!! I awoke to a sound like a woman being strangled, INSIDE my house the other morning. Turned out to be my 8 week old Black Copper Marans cockerel starting to crow! Me and the dogs had to listen for it again before we believed it! [​IMG] Now the older roo outside, is NOT happy at all!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  4. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I remember that day I heard our first crow, too!!!! Pitiful arent they?? [​IMG]

5. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I heard someone outside trying to play a broken bugle. [​IMG]

6. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    [​IMG]

7. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    The first crows are pretty darned pitiful, aint they [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I've got 8 Roos, and 5 of them crow. One is beautiful, one has a more musical tone, and the other 3, well, lets just say they're developing [​IMG] Sounds like a cross between a dieing cat, a screech owl and a screaming woman [​IMG]

8. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    I have some 3-week-old bantam Cochins that are starting to cock-fight in the brooder. I don't know which one did it, but I heard a sort of giggly "skweeeee" from that direction this morning. Made me do a little giggling of my own! [​IMG]

9. f5mtadas

f5mtadas Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2010
    Nice to hear you all, you are funny [​IMG]

10. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    When my Brahmas first started to crow I thought my husband was having difficulty starting the car......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by