I think having chickens may have saved my house

citychickx6

Songster
8 Years
May 14, 2011
Loveland
Today we had our electrician here to give us an estimate on running power to my coops. What he found was that my drier wire was rather burnt at the breaker. He fixed that (no charge).
big_smile.png

I do believe that if I had not gotten chickens my house very well could have burned to the ground. I have a bad habit of starting the drier and going to bed. I do not think I will be doing that anymore.

All Hail the life saving chickens!
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Lol they really didn't do much. BUT if it were not for having them we would not have found there was a problem.

End result... We are getting a new breaker box and all new breakers. The chickens get power. The house remains standing and we all get to keep on keepin on.

Thank Heaven for small wonders. I think I should give them all some extra special treats today.

That breaker should have tripped from how charred that wire was. It was even burning into a hot wire next to it.
hmm.png

I saw that and almost
th.gif

You aren't civing your Hero Chickens enough credit!
idunno.gif
If it weren't for them sending you ESP chicken style, you'd have never called in the electrician.
D.gif
Hey, our chickens will take care of us in the time of need!
yippiechickie.gif
wink.png

Update:

Today a new breaker box was installed and underground wire is done to the coops. Tomorrow both coops get power.

I must once again thank the chickens for being here. If it weren't for them there is no telling when it would have burned to the ground. IMO it was not a question of if.
th.gif

I would
hugs.gif
them all but I would only get
tongue.gif
in response.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom