I think he loves them

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by KDailey, Aug 18, 2011.

1. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    My boyfriend that is! He was not happy when I brought home 6 chicks from the neighbors. He said he doesn't like chickens and never will, he's not taking care of them for me, blah blah blah....

One night, after getting a new rooster, he tells me, "I love you....and I guess I kinda love your chickens too." [​IMG]

He said, "After those things are big enough to go outside they're not coming back in this house. I don't care if they're sick and dying!" He txt me this morning while I'm at work and told me two of my young chickens look sick so he brought them in the house and gave them some Tylan. [​IMG]

My favorite pullet got a respiratory disease the other day and I brought her inside to take care of her. She wouldn't eat or drink on her own. I caught him several times picking her up and dipping her beak in the water so she would know where it was and then she'd drink on her own. I caught him checking on her several times when he thought I wasn't looking. [​IMG]

He said, "I'm not building you a bunch of pens, you can have one coop and pen and that's it!" He's almost done building 4 very nice new pens with plans to make at least two more. [​IMG]

I have a bunch of eggs in the incubator and a few of them definately look like duds. I said I was going to take them out and he says, "No don't do that! Leave them in there a little longer just in case..." [​IMG]

He says, "No more chickens!" Then later when going through the newspaper classifieds he points out an add for buff orpingtons. When I was bidding on some LF Cochin eggs and said I was worried I wouldn't get them for the $30 he says, "So bid $40." [​IMG]

He won't admit it right out but I think he loves my chickens! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    They turn into enablers with a drop of a feather got to love'em [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. big m70726

big m70726 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2011
    my husband bought home 4 baby chicks for easter now I have 10 hens 4 roosters 4 ducks a goose and 2 rabbits he also fusses about me being out there because I will spend all day with them I love it but he try to act as if he cant stand it but at the same time I will catch him feedin them or fixin their beddin in the nest if it rain he'll make sure the rabbits pen is covered it's amazin how they want to act so hard but in realaity they love them kjust as we do .

4. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]

5. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    My boyfriend adores his Phoebe.
    She's his favorite...he really does love her. But he gets a kick out of her when she's broody. That's why he got so attached in the first place!
    [​IMG]
    She's his little raptor.
    I'm glad your boyfriend likes them. Not saying it but showing it, is much better than nothing at all!
    My Dad acts like he hates the birds, but he's always saying how nice it is to have big chickens with big eggs. I think he just hates my bantams.

6. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    [​IMG] LOL! LOVE IT! My hubby did the same!

7. Sonic Pug

Sonic Pug Chillin' With My Peeps

I love your story! Sound like your boyfriend is a keeper! [​IMG]

8. SarniaTricia

SarniaTricia Chillin' With My Peeps

Your boyfriend, like mine, sees how happy your chickens make you and can't help but love them.
    That and building coops and runs gives him a chance to do something for you and use power tools!

You have a great guy.

9. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    Quote:Thank you! I definately think so too [​IMG]

10. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    yay, chickens - the new peace keepers and bonders of the world!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by