I think I am quail obsessed ~ I cant stop making cages

BooneHillbilly

Songster
10 Years
Aug 29, 2009
West Virginia
Here are 7 out of the 15 I will be building this week. My hand hurts aling with my back but they are turning out pretty good. They are 24x24x12.. I am thinking 1.5 or 1.6 per cage should be ok.. I just hope my eggs hatch..
quailcages.jpg

Well, if the cages get in the way, I'll come take some off your hands! What are you cutting your wire with? And what are you bending your wire with?

Last edited:
Quote:
I found a groovy pair of spring loaded wire cutters at lowes.. They are super confortable but the J clip pliers are killers.. I am bending with a hammer and a 2x4...

JJMR794.. I love ya man I just dont think I can do it...lol

:)Got to show these to DH.

I'll be locking down tomorrow and I'll brood them in the house until I can't stand them, then to the grow out cage which is done. But I still need breeder cages. I think that size would be good for a male and what 4 hens, 8 hens?

How many are you planning on putting in there?

I think I'm getting Quail fever, too. I want about 6 or 8 different Breeder colors to play with, and mine haven't hatched yet. It's going to be bad, I can tell. Thank goodness, DH is a patient man.

I looked at that stack of cages and could almost see quail in them.

I found some crescent brand compound wire cutters that are great for cutting wire and saving wear and tear on the hands. I don't know why they dont make those j clip pliers with better handles. Even the expensive ones, although better, are still hard on the hands.

Quote:
You gotta get the padded ones. They are more expensive, but they don't hurt your hands. If you are using the ones with the flat handles covered with thin plastic, they will eat you alive after a while. With the thicker padded ones, you can go all day.

UGCM

Back
Top Bottom