I think I figured out chicken math!

Quote:
It is no longer a *bed*room. It is now a *bird*room.

It's the NURSERY.

th.gif
bird room LOL

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I seriously don't think you can count ANYTHING that is living in your bedroom!!
idunno.gif
So you are right, you have none. Therefore you must to go forth and buy more!
celebrate.gif

OHHHH so funny,
I have to stay out of our Co-op like other stores due to "got to have syndrome".
thanks for the laugh.
OOOO to have a few frizzles and silkies!!!

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I seriously don't think you can count ANYTHING that is living in your bedroom!!
idunno.gif
So you are right, you have none. Therefore you must to go forth and buy more!
celebrate.gif

gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
hahahaha dont feel bad I have like 90 and they still dont count....
gig.gif
gig.gif

I thought I had control of my chicken 'collection'

I planned two new hens every two years.

I followed this for two and a half years and had four, but then my D'uccle got killed today.....

Originally I thought 1 new pullet to replace her... but....
2 new pullets would be better because you shouldn't really introduce one hen at a time... but....
3 new pullets because I already have three hens, even numbers would be safer to introduce!

Now I'm thinking about breeds and thinking broody types because I already have enough good layers, that way I could just buy eggs for her to hatch to slowly increase my flock.... slowly....(HA!)
Or maybe just one broody then many.. many eggs and "only keep the hens", I can't help how many hens she hatches, right
tongue.png

Good thing I'm already half way to enlarging my coop anyway!
wee.gif

Y'all got this all wrong only the different breeds count. So everyone needs to redo their math! Refer to my signature.
How come my co op and feed store don't have chicks? I still need a roo!

After bugging my husband for three years, he finally gave up and agreed on having 3 chickens and no roosters. I bought 6 chicks just in case some didn't make it (all did).. Next spring, one got broody so of course I go her 6 chicks. My dog killed one, so I got two more. So then I had 13, but they really needed a roo. Rooster added, but it doesn't count. And I just bought 5 more, so I'm up to 19.

Husband built me a new coop, big enough for 30 chickens, plus the one I have now, which is good for 14, so next year this time I will have 45. Oops. I need a third coop!!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom