I think I found a new avatar for Monarc23 ... & the 80's Revisited

pop.gif

"Mad world" as in one of my favorite songs???

My mom exposed me to a lot of music at a young age... and for some reason now i got in my head "all the leaves are brown all the leaves are brown...and the sky is grey, and the sky is grey, i went for a walk...out and for a walk, on a winters day....on a winters dayyy...." LOL

Quote:
Oh come on, how about "three's company"!!! Starsky and hutch!! And the best show of them all............Dukes of hazard!!! Ahhhh the 80's, brown coderoy pants, and the crummy "splash dance" look on chicks. The high hair. And the toons coming from Devo, Tears for fears, Corey hart, Motley Crue, Quiet riot and the Police, and dont forget the hip.........Boy George!!
sickbyc.gif

The 80's.................i am glad they are gone, but they were fun!!
celebrate.gif

Okay!!!! I had a brain fart-- I am old ya know! My parents weren't so keen on us watching three's Company--thought it might be a bit too mature. How times have changed eh?

LMAO!! Its amazing how times change!! The kids and I were watching "Family Guy" the other night and Quigmire was doing a woody woodpecker stint, the kids laughed until i asked them if they knew what impression he was doing, they had no idea, they have never seen woody wood pecker!!!

And YES, i let my kids watch Family Guy, they are still young enough to not know the hidden "adult humor" in the cartoon and i absolutely love the show!! Heck, its a lot cleaner than "South Park", which has gotten really dirty lately, i think its funny, but cant watch it around the kids.

I had a HUGE flashback the other day. Dh rented Don't Mess with the Zohan, and a certain Adam Ant song came on in the middle of it. I almost had a coronary, because I forgot that song even existed! It's now all I listen to.
celebrate.gif

Unfortunately, it's not a "family friendly" song, 80's as it is, so I won't name it, but if you search for "zohan, adam ant" on youtube, it'll pop right up. Hilarious!

Quote:
Okay!!!! I had a brain fart-- I am old ya know! My parents weren't so keen on us watching three's Company--thought it might be a bit too mature. How times have changed eh?

LMAO!! Its amazing how times change!! The kids and I were watching "Family Guy" the other night and Quigmire was doing a woody woodpecker stint, the kids laughed until i asked them if they knew what impression he was doing, they had no idea, they have never seen woody wood pecker!!!

And YES, i let my kids watch Family Guy, they are still young enough to not know the hidden "adult humor" in the cartoon and i absolutely love the show!! Heck, its a lot cleaner than "South Park", which has gotten really dirty lately, i think its funny, but cant watch it around the kids.

Brings back fond memories, i cant quote the woodpecker laugh on here though it wont make sense ot someone who doesnt know it.... hahahhhaha. LOL

Speedy Gonsolas, Foghorn leghorn
big_smile.png
no wonder we like chickens so much LOL

Quote:

I don't let my kids watch Family Guy-- I can't even stand it. But I'm sure my kids will be sitting with their kids in the future, laughing, b/c I wouldn't let them watch it, and compare it to what's on TV when their kids are their age. (does that make sense?) times certainly change!

Quote:

I don't let my kids watch Family Guy-- I can't even stand it. But I'm sure my kids will be sitting with their kids in the future, laughing, b/c I wouldn't let them watch it, and compare it to what's on TV when their kids are their age. (does that make sense?) times certainly change!

All I can hope is that when I have kids... I HOPE there isn't cartoons WORSE than south park by then... because anything worse than south park is probably xx rated
sad.png
My husband loves that stupid cartoon (sorry I dont) sometimes it is funny, but other times it's just completley vulger. Family Guy I like that kinda humor.

Back
Top Bottom