I think I got gyped

Sorry no I mean they were wining hard to describe but it wasn’t load at all. I thought initially if they crow in the morning I will find out
Whew! I was thinking you had some weird chickens for a sec there. Keep in mind roosters crow at any time, not just the morning. My guy Picotee (in the video there) crows periodically from about 6 am to about 9 pm. Not a quiet boy!

What did you pay for them>?

If worst comes to worst, You can compare your grocery store price of meat to what you paid for them, etc.

umm 20 bucks each. Be kind I was thinking good they are old enough I don’t have to baby them in an incubator

umm 20 bucks each. Be kind I was thinking good they are old enough I don’t have to baby them in an incubator
Hens older than 2 years will begin to lay much fewer eggs than they did in their first and second years. You have hens, but they look rough. They very well could be older than 1 year too. With some TLC they should be looking better; good feed, water etc.

They are probably much better off with you! You rescued them, it seems. Just wait! After a few months of good food, clean water, and kindness, you won't even recognize them! If they are 1 yr old, they'll still lay. Give them time. Stress stops laying for a while.

Hens older than 2 years will begin to lay much fewer eggs than they did in their first and second years. You have hens, but they look rough. They very well could be older than 1 year too. With some TLC they should be looking better; good feed, water etc.

Oh I will def get them better feed I thought 16 percent is good. I am the most over protective person so I don’t like to know they are doing without. Esp security I am debating on putting an electric fence to protect against raccoons and others. I was told about weasels and they are freaking me out. They do small and vicious I’m hoping I secured it well enough.

I was told to watch for small holes only ones I haven’t secured are on the top of the metal roof. Hope they can’t climb that high in.

See front of coop

Attachments

• 78C221AC-EA33-477F-9197-03CC79EBBB8E.jpeg
    78C221AC-EA33-477F-9197-03CC79EBBB8E.jpeg
    523.2 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom