I think I got it!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by McCord6, Oct 3, 2009.

1. I know, it might be a little too early to tell but I think I may got it what my chicks breeds are.

The chipmunk looking chicks looks like Sussex and the yellow ones look to be rather Opingtons or NHR.

Wish I can get my hubby's cell phone to work to post pictures to see if Im right! [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    We'll be waiting for the pics!

3. Here is one of the yellow ones:
    [​IMG]

here is a "NOT SO GOOD" picture of one of the chipmonks:
    [​IMG]

these pictures were a few days ago. Hubby's cell phone is not working at all. I tried sending new pictures to my emails but it's just not working. He needs a new cell phone, PERIOD!

[​IMG]

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I kind of doubt that the chipmunk ones are speckled sussex. My speckled sussex chicks are much darker and redder than that when they hatch. Or maybe you're thinking a different coloring of sussex?

5. Actually, they are darker then what the picture shows. There was alot of light in the diningroom when I took that picture and plus everythign on hubby's cell would rather look DARKER or LIGHTER, no idea why!

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I thought I had some other pictures of sussex chicks, but maybe I never put them on photobucket. The red/brown striped chicks in amongst the blues and blacks is a speckled sussex.
    [​IMG]

7. hhhmmm... maybe not sussex. All 4 are the same color but different "tone" or "Shade" and their patterns are different on the back.

8. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    Maybe Brown Leghorn they're striped also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by