I think I have a case of Merek’s on my hands. Long post - please read.

To be clear... I'm not trying to say that is your issue at all, just sharing the information so you have it to consider. ALL things.. will attack the weak first.

Did the other gal have snot and lethargy as well?

Snot, lethargy, and not eating... are things I haven't seen in Marek's. They are often very bright eyed and eager to eat.

I am suspecting something more respiratory... but very inexperienced in that area...

@Wyorp Rock @rebrascora @Eggcessive anything to offer here?

Permethrin is effective. :thumbsup

Not sure if part of the sentence is missing or I can't make it out... did you get the birds also?

So cool that you had a float done before just treating. :highfive:

Hoping!

Yes birds are done as well!!!

Hey everyone, I’m currently in a battle with my two year old so I can’t answer everyone’s questions but just to let everyone know, she has been taken to the emergency vet and they have put her on fluids. He will conduct an exam, and try and get another fecal. He comes highly recommended for poultry and livestock!

Hey everyone, I’m currently in a battle with my two year old so I can’t answer everyone’s questions but just to let everyone know, she has been taken to the emergency vet and they have put her on fluids. He will conduct an exam, and try and get another fecal. He comes highly recommended for poultry and livestock!
Great, keep us updated please.

Go win the battle! ;)

I’m just wondering what made her so weak in the first place. I noticed the extreme weight loss over a week ago
She wasn’t acting sick then st all, but of course my eyes were peeled on her from then. It’s been very gradual and as previously mentioned she was eating and drinking EXTREMELY WELL until yesterday...and gradually through today won’t touch a thing.

Google poultry necropsys near me. A lab close to you will pop up. I don't know where you are located, but in Georgia they offer free necropsys to state residents and birds. This is your best bet to find out exactly what is going on. I'm going to be taking one of mine in the near future.

Hi - in my state a necropsy is about $130. The vet I have taken her to said he will preform them if it comes to that!

Keep us posted. I just won the battle with my littles(3&18mo)!!

She sounds like she is on the brink of death.
Is culling her and sending her body to your state lab (if you are in the US) an option?
Necropsy and disease testing lab info
I’m so sorry I’m doing this so out of order. LOL

State lab is so expensive. Vet will preform one if I wish. My husband does the culling and unfortunately he is working out of town right now. I can’t cull. I am a giant baby.

Back
Top Bottom