I think I have about half and half

Countrywantabe

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 25, 2012
Even though I purchased pullets I think I have about half and half. What do you think?

These first two are California whites. They are the only ones I think are both female. Their combs are so yellow.

Next are two silver laced Wyandottes- just hatchery quality by the look of them. Is the darker one a male? It carries it's tail differently and the tail seems shorter.

Here are my Gold Laced Wyandottes. One has almost no tail and is tall and lanky- more aggressive. I think that one is a male. What do you think?

See how the one on the left is feathered differently on the back and no tail?

The one on the right here I think is the male. Am I right?

Female in front?

I have no idea about the next two. They are my red laced blue Wyandottes. The littlest one almost died- we thought it would for sure. It doesn't see to grow much either. It just stays small. Could not keep it in the pen either so had to hold it. Sorry the photos are not so good.

Here is the little one. We tried letting him sit our our arm but it flew away and ran off. So sorry we had to hold it.

Here are my speckled Sussex. Again due to the differences in the way they hold their tails I think I have one boy and one girl.

This one below is so round and the tail is down. Is it a male?

Look at how their tails are different here.

Last two chicks here. I promise. These are my Rhode Island Reds. Again we are quite sure one is a male. It goes after us all the time and is fearless. My husband is working on that by picking him up and pinning him under his arm and walking around doing chores with him.

See he already wants my fingers!

Thank you for your help in advance! Back Yard Chicken Fans are the best! Always helpful!

Even though I purchased pullets I think I have about half and half. What do you think?

These first two are California whites. They are the only ones I think are both female. Their combs are so yellow.

Both are pullets.

Pullet on the left, cockerel on the right.

Cockerel on the right, pullet on the left.

Guessing cockerel, but not sure.

Guessing pullet, but the comb is a little too red and large to be certain.

Pullet on left, cockerel on right.

Pullet on left, cockerel on right

Thank you for your help in advance! Back Yard Chicken Fans are the best! Always helpful!

Hello, just curious about your blue and orange baby. I have one that looks similar and I'm afraid she is a he, because she's so beautiful. Did that one end up being a hen? Here's my babe. I noticed some curly tail feathers too.

Attachments

• 20190515_181628.jpg
    20190515_181628.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20190515_181639.jpg
    20190515_181639.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20190514_180238.jpg
    20190514_180238.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom