I think I have lost him!!

chicken_crazy93

Songster
9 Years
Oct 24, 2010
Mascot
Hello fellow chicken lover's, I have a 5 month old CuuKoo Maran roo that I noticed this mornin while feedin he was all balled up & stayin off to himself. That's not like him at all. He's always the first one in the water bowl & eatin like no other. Well I went over & picked him up, checked him out & couldn't find anything wrong so I put him in the holdin pen & put some game bird scratch & electrolyte water mixture in with him. After a couple of hours he went over & started to pick at the scratch but didn't eat enough to amount to anything & didn't touch the water. I went to my supply store & got a bag of CORID 20% Soluble powder & when I got back he was just standin there all hunched over with his eye's shut. I got my syringe out & gave him some VET-RX by squirtin it down his throat & rubbed some on his nostrils & head & under his wings. I covered the outside of the holdin pen up so no wind or nothing could blow on him & if he makes it through the night I'm gonna start him on the CORID along with the rest of my chickens to be on the safe side. Can anybody tell me how to mix this per one gallon of water? I can't make out the dosage to mix with just one gallon. I got him back at the end of October & have wormed all my chickens & none of the rest act like this so I hope I got him away from the flock in time if it's something catchy.

I wormed them all about two weeks ago, but you think it might be worms? I've done some reading on his symptoms & they all pointed toward COCCI. Maybe I just freaked out & jumped the gun, heck I don't know. I've got the holdin pen covered up & I really want to check on him but I don't want to uncover it & startle him awake either. What would ya'll do?
Quote:

My roo died durin the night. I have started the cocci treatment & have the big stock chicken house drying out from cleanin with bleach & water. I don't know which one pooped it but there was one small runny poop with a little blood in the chicken house but I saw it yesterday. I'm not sure what killed him but I'm treatin for cocci to be on the safe side. I'm goin out to clean the holdin pen where he died, I just wanted to let ya'll know he passed.

Back
Top Bottom