i think i hurt it-day 21 accident-PICS!!!

Im so glad everything worked out!! I was on this thread looking for answers for me.

My broody abandoned the nest and left an egg. I found it the next day -cold. Everyone said ditch it but I found an earlier post here on byc that talked about eggs they thought were no good cause they were cold (hen also abandoned) they threw them in the dumpster and with the suns heat a miracle happened. The next day the lady went out to toss the trash and her PEEPING coming from within. They were fine.

I warmed up the egg in my hands til hubby got back from a friend's with the bator and two days later we got pipping!!

I think that babies, of all kinds, are much more strong and adaptive than we give credit... and maybe don't need us quite as much as we think:)

Last edited:
I think that babies, of all kinds, are much more strong and adaptive than we give credit... and maybe don't need us quite as much as we think:)

i agree with you completely. it's the same with my goats and rabbits. i was sure i'd kill them all the first day i had them but guess what? they aren't made of glass. i am still amazed at how well a chicken can recover from injuries.

Back
Top Bottom