I Think I Just Got Struck By Lighting *update*

I am sorry to hear you were struck...My husband was indirectly struck in 1997 while at work...It struck a tree about 50ft from him travelled across the ground and came up through the rebar in the cement. In case you start to have symptoms later that you've never had it might do you a service to read all the info you can on the after effects of lightning strike. As for your Dr. it sounds like you have a good one so far...There are only a handful of Dr.s in the world that has much experience or even the want to learn about the after effects of lightning strike and electrocution. Most don't want to mess with it and will tell you if you aren't dead you weren't struck, or the pain is all in your head. The effects aren't always visible, most are on the inside like CNS damage, and your back is like a lightning rod, it takes the brunt of it. Go to this site www.lightning-strike.org/ Steve Marshburn is the founder, he's a great guy...See if your Dr. is willing to learn all she can about lightning strike medical problems and give her Mr. Marshburns e-mail...He'll send her lots of info. Hope the info you find helps you to understand lightning strike and electrocution and anything you are experiencing. Cindy

When I was 10 years old, I was riding my bike home from a friends during a lightning storm and, next thing I know, I wake-up in the ditch on the side of the road with ringing in my ears.

I went home and was scolded by my mother for being covered in mud. The next day, woke up with a sunburn on only ONE side of my face. :eek: I don't think I was actually 'struck by lightning' but was just really close to a strike.

I was very nearly struck a couple of years ago... made my hair stand on end.

I had a patient a few years ago who barely survived a lightning strike. His father, a nurse, did CPR on him for over an hour and a half. He would get him breathing, he would drag him a ways and then he would stop. It took him a long time to get him to their car and longer to get to a hospital in GJ, Co. He spent 3 months in the hospital recuperating.

Thanks everyone
smile.png

And i love all your story's.. it's amazing how something that can happen in 3 seconds can impact your life for ever

i hope i never go through something like this again

so glad your ok. I got lightning through my head years ago during a hurricane, it burnt my ear and scared the bajeebees out of me but that was that no harm unless thats whats wrong with me lol.

Wow, that's amazing. You are very lucky. Someone was definately looking after you. Okay, from now on, when you hear thunder PLEASE stay inside and OFF the phone. Lightning travels through the phone lines. OKAY? Again, glad you are well.
wink.png

Thanks and yea i know not to be on the phone when it's storming and i know not to be out side but you now how some people are ( oh that wont happen)...lol well i know now.... for now on when i hear thunder i don't care where i am ... i am staying indoors till it passes
smile.png

I had to get to bed last night so I couldn't wait up and read your check-up results. Glad to hear that all was okay and that you went to go get checked out with your heart beating the way it was. Sheesh! That's enough to scare you to death! Let us know how your appt. goes today.
smile.png

Glad that everyone survived the lightenings but good thing you got yourself checked out. Nothing worse than an irregular heartbeat that might kill you later.

Whew!

Back
Top Bottom