I think i killed them :( im going to cry

I'mLovinIt<3 <3 :

Quote:
ok its 102 and the humidity is 69 and do i need to pull the plugs? sorry its my first hatch

Don't pull the plugs!!! You should individually check each egg and which ever one seems promising, keep them. But if any are really...well, dead-looking/acting, then you should keep the promising ones and work on them.​

I do believe "pull the plugs" meant take out the ventilation plugs not necessarily give up on the eggs?

Last edited:
I'mLovinIt<3 <3 :

Quote:
ok its 102 and the humidity is 69 and do i need to pull the plugs? sorry its my first hatch

Don't pull the plugs!!! You should individually check each egg and which ever one seems promising, keep them. But if any are really...well, dead-looking/acting, then you should keep the promising ones and work on them.​

so no pulling the plug? and i candled one it wasnt moving but the vanes all look good and theres no blood spots so how do i tell if its gone
hit.gif

Quote:
Don't pull the plugs!!! You should individually check each egg and which ever one seems promising, keep them. But if any are really...well, dead-looking/acting, then you should keep the promising ones and work on them.

so no pulling the plug? and i candled one it wasnt moving but the vanes all look good and theres no blood spots so how do i tell if its gone
hit.gif

I'm not entirely sure how to tell. Hold on, i can look it up really quick...?

Quote:
ok im pulling the plugs and what's a good humidity level? its at 64 and climing a lil and the temp is 100 is that good on the temp?

The temp's good, i think. And now that i think about it, pulling the ventilation plug won't make a big difference right now. But you really should check each egg individually and then work on certain ones that seem responsive

I'mLovinIt<3 <3 :

Quote:
hit.gif

I'm not entirely sure how to tell. Hold on, i can look it up really quick...?​

Okay, i looked it up and asked someone i know who is 63 and has been raising chickens since her early 20's and as long as the egg has good veins, then it should be fine, and you don't have to worry too much about that one. And should you find a really strong one, compare all of the other eggs to that one.

I'm with Rebel and krocte.if they are in lockdown, candeling messes with the humidity.
Best to wait and let nature take it's course..
You've done everything you can..........
We are
fl.gif
for you........

Back
Top Bottom