I think I might have issues…

The chicken nurd

Songster
Apr 4, 2021
The restrictions for poultry in my area is no more than 8 birds… I have 12 chickens (and my coops big enough to add a couple more) (and I’m getting ducks)
Plus I have 2 extra coops I want to use for bantams or quails. (Or both)
And I’m thinking about more chickens
But I’ll still only have 8 birds right
f—k I hate chicken math
😂😂😂

does anyone else struggle with having to many chickens?
😂

Last edited:
The restrictions for poultry in my area is no more than 8 birds… I have 12 chickens (and my coops big enough to add a couple more) (and I’m getting ducks)
Plus I have 2 extra coops I want to use for bantams or quails. (Or both)
And I’m thinking about more chickens
I think I have issues…
😂😂😂

does anyone else struggle with having to many chickens?
😂
Of course! Your problem is...You have poultry math and need to move to sn unrestricted zone area.
Your environment only permits 8.
You can get a Huge Fine!
You better start subtracting your chicken math, not adding to it. This will only cause you heartache and a fine plus you'll have to give your birds away or cull them.

That is shocking. The government doesn't hold themselves to that kind of time frame. They usually don't hold us peasants to it either.
They were very strict with it (granted he was really only supposed to have 6 anyways so that could be part of it) and if he didnt, then animal control was going to be sent to remove all the birds, including the legal six and he would have to retrieve the ones he was keeping. I ended up taking most of them since they came from my stock anyways

They were very strict with it (granted he was really only supposed to have 6 anyways so that could be part of it) and if he didnt, then animal control was going to be sent to remove all the birds, including the legal six and he would have to retrieve the ones he was keeping. I ended up taking most of them since they came from my stock anyways

This government is "Do as I say, Not as I do!". Just saying I agree with you. I've heard and read about the same thing as Jacinlarkwell said.
I hear y'all. I do. Just I've seen copies of code violation letters for "harboring a rooster" (I still laugh at the phrase). Still given close to thirty days for corrective action. I'll stop before I say something...

I hear y'all. I do. Just I've seen copies of code violation letters for "harboring a rooster" (I still laugh at the phrase). Still given close to thirty days for corrective action. I'll stop before I say something...
Yup, it's a sad thing esp when the chickens are pets.
But, realistically people did choose to live in areas that have these zoning laws and chose to break the law. Is it fair? No, but that's, the reason I moved. I didn't like all the rules in addition to the zoning laws, HOAs are the worst!!

That’s crazy where I live no one seams to care
My neighbor up the street has a rooster although I’ve never seen it just heard it and I have another neighbor who must have 4 roosters and 20+ chickens

Back
Top Bottom