I think I need an intervention!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ducksngoatsgalore, May 25, 2011.

1. ducksngoatsgalore

ducksngoatsgalore Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2011
    Nebraska
    I train horses for a living and I've always preached that the only way to make money in the horse business is not to own them [​IMG] Well I do have a 16 yo mare that I used to compete on. She is bred really well and is extremely talented. A neighboring farm with fantastic foundation bred quarter horses recently lost their trainer and offered me this deal... for training a few of their 3yo they will offer me a free breeding to one of their 4 stallions (my choice {red roan, blue roan, gray, or black}) and offer me my choice of 9 of the said 3yo geldings!!!! [​IMG] I ponder that by the time the unborn foal will be ready to go my mare will definitely be ready for retirement! So thats a plus! But ugh I also have 5 pygmy goats with one possibly due to kid in August and 29 ducks with 18 in the incubator. AND.... two loyal mini aussies that are always under foot [​IMG]

Am I in over my head??? Do I need an intervention???? [​IMG] All the critters sure do make me happy though [​IMG]

2. geepy

geepy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    No intervention here. I'm an enabler. If ya have a good home I say go for it. Nothing like raising your own from the ground up, I say. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  3. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    Quote:I'm agreeing with geepy. I'm going to enable you. Go for it.
    If you don't, you'll regret it. [​IMG]

4. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    What is wrong with cash money? Are the offerers broke?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by