I think I need HELP!!!!! (after all I think it's your fault!!) hahaha

Run-A-Muck Ranch

Songster
11 Years
Mar 26, 2008
In the middle of nowhere!!!
Ok now that I have your attention I would like to introduce myself...
pop.gif

hugs.gif
gig.gif
hugs.gif
gig.gif

My name is Shawna
I own Run-A-Muck Ranch
I currently have 2 bottle baby ewe lambs in the house, 1 pot belly pig, and 3 dogs (two of those are huge dogs). Besides the fish tanks full of fish and 5 rabbits in cages and a house full of people day in and day out...Plus all the animals outside...
And what did I get today......
~~~AN INCUBATOR~~~
yippiechickie.gif
ep.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Why?? Do I really need to have MORE animals in the house? Do I really need to stress out over the possibility of an egg not hatching? Do I really need to be on constant egg watch? Maybe I can rig a microphone up to the incubator just so I can hear upstairs at night if there is any chirping going on.

My husband isn't home from work yet, thank goodness. The kids won't be home for a few hours yet from school, thank goodness. So I should beable to get everything for the incubator set up before anyone else finds out. I wonder how long I can keep it from everyone before they see it. Hey maybe they will never find it and I can keep my eggs and baby chicks (when hatched) a secert...
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I never really felt like getting an incubator and hatching my own eggs. Usually left that up to my mom. I gave her my eggs, she hatched them out for me. It was a perfect world. THAT WAS UNTIL I FOUND THIS SITE!!!!!! This site is addictive and has made me pick up a bad habit
jumpy.gif
...Ok I really don't think it's a bad habit, but I need something to blame this addiction on....All the pictures of everyone egg setup let alone all there baby chicks and even the adult birds in there coops, runs and free ranging. IT has all made me run to the Fleet Farm and pick up an incubator. I only went there for a water bottle for our rabbits.

Can someone please tell me where I need to sign in for the 12 step addiction program?!!?!?!?!??!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

P.S. If my family kicks me out of our house does anyone have an extra 40+ acres I can go. I will be bringing all my sheep, pigs, birds of all kinds, goat, llama, pot belly pigs, dogs, fish, cats, and OH YEAH MY INCUBATOR!!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

hahahah i know i completely feel you these people on this site are awful!!!!!!!! lol. they juts reel ya in and before you nkow it your just as crazy about chicks as they are. hahahahah welcome to the group. my name is nallely and i am a chicken addict lol. now its your turn lol.....

welcome-byc.gif

lau.gif
I think you have a worse addiction than me by far! So far I only have 6 chickens (soon to be 8) and one cat. My mom won't let me bring the chickens to her house if I get kicked out!
gig.gif

There is NO way my husband will let me buy an incubator, so I got around him with hens more likely to go broody.

I would say you could come here, but we don't have but 5 acres, and DH only begrudgingly allows the cat in the house!

The ladies in my Sunday school class have been buttering up my husband. They love to hear about our chickens, and they praise him for having the pen built. I share pictures of the coop, run and chickens via internet with all his family and all our friends. Everywhere he goes, folks are commenting on our chickens to him. I don't think I would have as many if it weren't for them! LOL! He loves the attention and let's not forget how he likes to EAT!!!! He's less likely to grumble when I serve him fresh eggs and waffles.
smile.png

I would think your kids would help you. Kids generally adore animals; the more the merrier! If you figure out a way to keep your incubator and brooding chicks a secret, I will pay to learn how you did it!
lau.gif
Get your children hooked first, then blame it on them. If he does ANYTHING to help you, make sure EVERYBODY knows it and praise him to the hilt!

I don't think you will have any problems. You will probably just have more joy and drama in your life!

Last edited:
Congratulations on finding your new enablers... I mean friends. Now all you need to do is head over to the buy sell trade forum and see all the interesting breeds you never knew you wanted but will now.

LOL, so do you need some goose eggs to try out that bator???LOL:lau
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Just be glad you only bought 1 bator, you really need 2 so that you can run stagered hatches..
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Oh by the way, I have 4 now.. I have 3 running with different eggs and a 4th that I use for a hatcher, I also have a hen on my porch off our kitchen that is in a large hard plastic pool with straw that has hatched out 5 sets of eggs for me that were on day 18. She is currently occupied with 5 chicks until I need her for some more eggs. I did give her a goose egg the other day and she wiggled the thing right under her..lol I took it back though since I havent incubated it yet. She is happy in the pool with her babies and food and water. Good luck, it only gets worse. Jenn

Quote:
Great just another thing on this site I need to stay by the computer for...I think I am starting to develope saddle bags and I have only been on here a short time...
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I might have to move the computer and incubator closer to each other that way I never have to leave. And the next thing you know I will be posting on the buy/sell/trade page and never get any sleeep. I will have saddle bags the size of boulders, black suit cases under my eyes from not sleeping and the next thing I am afraid will develope is me pecking at the ground when hungry. Or I start to run towards my own voice when I am out side calling..."Here Chicky Chicky Chicky!!!"
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Straight jacket here I come...

Shawna

Last edited:
Straight jacket here I come...

Just go ahead and embrace the insanity. Attemping to avoid it at this point is futile.​

Thanks for all the support everyone...
gig.gif

Well yesterday I set the incubator up and got everything ready for eggs. Didn't stick any in yet, but it's ready, willing and able.

No one noticed it yesterday and I didn't even hide it.
I was going to set it up in our spare bedroom, but then I changed my mind and set it on top of my buffet cabinet. Great big white styrofoam box and NO ONE seen it. Not hubby, not girls, not even the dogs barked at it.
idunno.gif
wee.gif

I guess now I can just tell them it's been there for years....
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
and no one would probably know the better.

I am going to wait until Monday to actually put eggs in there. As I have so much going on this weekend that I don't want to start it and have to abandon it for half the day...

Shawna

Back
Top Bottom