I think I screwed up!!

Chickaholic

Songster
9 Years
Apr 21, 2010
Snohomish, Wa
I thought I saw what looked like a chick starting to pip day 17 (Yesterday) so I put them in lockdown last night, 1 day early.....meanwhile my incubater went crazy during the middle of the night and went up to 102 degrees and only 35% humidity. So I added a little more water this morning, now its at 75% and the windows are foggy!!
he.gif
barnie.gif
I am new at this and this is the second time during this incubation that the stupid incubator has spiked up like this. So I turn it down just a tiny bit and now its at 98 degrees, I am trying to get it back up but have I totaly ruined my first hatch??

NOO its perfectly fine! They may just be a lil hot but thats it. All is good!! 98 degrees is good. In the directions that came from my brinsea, they said you can lower the temp. 3 degrees during hatch.

Quote:
So the chick that I thought was "pipping" I don't think was now but there is a "bend" in the egg and looks like something was happening but its still just a bend in the egg, what could that mean?

Thats going to be hard!! Just for the fact that the bator spikes then goes down then spikes and goes down again, and the humidity is off a lot, I feel like I have to watch it
barnie.gif
needless to say I wont be using this bator again!! Need a new one now, anyone have any suggestions on a good one?

Believe me we've all been there and will be there again. It's always the same. OOhhh the insanity! At least you know your normal like the rest of us.
lol.png

Wishing you a good hatch.

rancher

Back
Top Bottom