I think I screwed up!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickaholic, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Chickaholic

Chickaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    Snohomish, Wa
    I thought I saw what looked like a chick starting to pip day 17 (Yesterday) so I put them in lockdown last night, 1 day early.....meanwhile my incubater went crazy during the middle of the night and went up to 102 degrees and only 35% humidity. So I added a little more water this morning, now its at 75% and the windows are foggy!! [​IMG] [​IMG] I am new at this and this is the second time during this incubation that the stupid incubator has spiked up like this. So I turn it down just a tiny bit and now its at 98 degrees, I am trying to get it back up but have I totaly ruined my first hatch??

2. joe17

joe17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    NOO its perfectly fine! They may just be a lil hot but thats it. All is good!! 98 degrees is good. In the directions that came from my brinsea, they said you can lower the temp. 3 degrees during hatch.

3. Chickaholic

Apr 21, 2010
    Snohomish, Wa
    Quote:So the chick that I thought was "pipping" I don't think was now but there is a "bend" in the egg and looks like something was happening but its still just a bend in the egg, what could that mean?

4. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Time for a trip to the store. You have got to relax. Too late now just hope for the best.

Wishing you well
    rancher

5. PeepsInc

PeepsInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    NY Tri State region
    Quote:I Agree, the best thing you can do is find something to do. Don't even look at the bator for the next 24 hours [​IMG]

6. Chickaholic

Apr 21, 2010
    Snohomish, Wa
    Thats going to be hard!! Just for the fact that the bator spikes then goes down then spikes and goes down again, and the humidity is off a lot, I feel like I have to watch it [​IMG] needless to say I wont be using this bator again!! Need a new one now, anyone have any suggestions on a good one?

7. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    That's fine! The chicks can deal with 102. Hope the hatch goes well! [​IMG]

8. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Believe me we've all been there and will be there again. It's always the same. OOhhh the insanity! At least you know your normal like the rest of us. [​IMG]

Wishing you a good hatch.

rancher

9. joe17

joe17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    I like the brinsea octagon eco 20. On sale for 99$$$!!

10. Chickaholic

Apr 21, 2010
    Snohomish, Wa
    Quote:REALLY!!!! Where is it on sale at?? I want that one!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by