I think I went a little overboard

Hickory Creek

Chirping
May 24, 2017
Ok so got new chicks last week (15).I ordered more (15) since I had some credit with them. Then I went and ordered eggs since I had the incubator going anyway.After taking out 21 eggs from a broody hen I was trying to get to adopt some chicks.Well last night a possum got the 5 eggs I left for her after a failed chick bonding.
I'm also collecting my own eggs and going to incubate them when the others get here.I might have to make another incubator. :th
I have a new broody so going to try and put the new chicks that are coming Wednesday with this poor hen has been trying for two years.I got her 2 years ago at a small animal auction she looks like a messy salmon EE she is sweet so this is her year.

I bid on and won
CUCKOO MARAN HATCHING EGGS 10+
pure chcocolate/chocolate cuckoo english orpington fertile hatching eggs 10+
Bantam Black Cochin 7+
Bantam Hatching Half Silky Hatching Eggs 12 + will be shipped later.Should make some cute chicks and nice broodies.As I would rather a hen hatch eggs then me.
EDIT TO SAY: PLUS TRYING GET AHOLD OF A LADY FOR IOWA BLUE EGGS
I have figured out this chicken math :celebrate

Last edited:
Here she is poor girl just keeps on trying.
SAM_5822.JPG
SAM_5823.JPG
SAM_5824.JPG

Well here the chicks are for Ol' Emma.
The hatchery choice rare
Looks like 1 Salmon Favorelle 5 silver laced polish and I'm going to say 4 marans either black or Cuckoo.
Not shown 5 pullet speckled Sussex
All doing well and went crazy for the electrolytes I gave them.
SAM_5838.JPG
SAM_5839.JPG

hope the adoption goes well tonight I might just give her the polish and the salmon faverolle.

Last edited:
1 week older
You shouldnt have to much trouble. Had a broody hen who would sit on ANYTHING, she tried taking in a three week old duckling but took it away from her. Her first clutch she had we added two 1 week older chicks since our neighbors where having raccoon problems. She took care of them all until they where able to take care of themselves.

Back
Top Bottom