I think I'm addicted!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by madamwlf, Jan 2, 2011.

1. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    Well, this is my first year with chickens and I'm loving it. In less then a year I've added two coops and two connecting yards. Loads of space. I have 11 standard girls and 4 Nankin Bantams (2 hens and 2 roos). A few days ago I placed my first online order from mypetchicken for 10 more female chicks and I told my husband no more bantams. The two I have aren't even laying. Then I started looking at McMurray's page and I saw the beautiful Japanese bantams and Sebrights. I caved. Put in an order for 25 assorted straight run. I love surprises!!! [​IMG] And I believe I am hooked.

2. codymax2

codymax2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Liverpool, NY
    hahahahaha! oh hahahahaha![​IMG]

3. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    I'm so excited since I have a exotic unknown chick coming too. Even more surprises.

4. codymax2

Jul 7, 2010
    Liverpool, NY
    If I had the room I'd have a ton too! I'm in a neighborhood where they aren't even legal though=( I have 6 now and nobody complains [​IMG]

5. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    We're so lucky our land is already zoned agriculture. The neighbors have/had chickens and cows. Our other neighbors thoroughly enjoyed watching our flock while we were on Christmas vacation. I'm thankful I have a husband who indulges my whims. [​IMG]

6. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Yep you have caught the dreaded "Chicken Fever"! It isn't fatal, unless your spouse kills you! [​IMG] I have it too, although I am resisting it, fighting it tooth and nail...and losing! I want some show quality silver laced wyandottes in the spring, but I have to build a new coop and run first. I just can't wait to see those lovely laced birds free ranging in my yard with my current collection of Buff Orps and RIR's.

7. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    Oh the silver laced are beauties. I have one female. So I ordered a few Blue Laced Reds and Golden Laced girls. Can't wait to have the three running around together.

8. chicknerd

chicknerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    NH
    I love 'Chicken Math!' [​IMG]

I have resisted so far for this spring but even DH knows I wont be able to resist once I start attending swaps.......

And I am going to start incubating some eggs this spring too. I have been told that is an even worse addiction!

Good luck with your new little ones!!

9. codymax2

Jul 7, 2010
    Liverpool, NY
    Hubbys get the chicken fever too!! hahaha
    Quote:

10. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    He pretends like he doesn't care but I know he does. He has a rooster out there and he messes with the ladies too. Heck, he even helps to take care of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by