I think I'm addicted!!!

madamwlf

Nevermore Acres
9 Years
Aug 22, 2010
Mount Airy, MD
Well, this is my first year with chickens and I'm loving it. In less then a year I've added two coops and two connecting yards. Loads of space. I have 11 standard girls and 4 Nankin Bantams (2 hens and 2 roos). A few days ago I placed my first online order from mypetchicken for 10 more female chicks and I told my husband no more bantams. The two I have aren't even laying. Then I started looking at McMurray's page and I saw the beautiful Japanese bantams and Sebrights. I caved. Put in an order for 25 assorted straight run. I love surprises!!!
smile.png
And I believe I am hooked.

We're so lucky our land is already zoned agriculture. The neighbors have/had chickens and cows. Our other neighbors thoroughly enjoyed watching our flock while we were on Christmas vacation. I'm thankful I have a husband who indulges my whims.
smile.png

Yep you have caught the dreaded "Chicken Fever"! It isn't fatal, unless your spouse kills you!
lol.png
I have it too, although I am resisting it, fighting it tooth and nail...and losing! I want some show quality silver laced wyandottes in the spring, but I have to build a new coop and run first. I just can't wait to see those lovely laced birds free ranging in my yard with my current collection of Buff Orps and RIR's.

Oh the silver laced are beauties. I have one female. So I ordered a few Blue Laced Reds and Golden Laced girls. Can't wait to have the three running around together.

I love 'Chicken Math!'
wee.gif

I have resisted so far for this spring but even DH knows I wont be able to resist once I start attending swaps.......

And I am going to start incubating some eggs this spring too. I have been told that is an even worse addiction!

Good luck with your new little ones!!

He pretends like he doesn't care but I know he does. He has a rooster out there and he messes with the ladies too. Heck, he even helps to take care of them.

Back
Top Bottom