I think I'm going to have to make Sadie Sue a chicken diaper!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by RubberChickenLubber, Dec 31, 2007.

1. RubberChickenLubber

RubberChickenLubber Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2007
    Newton, NC
    I bought a blue cochin pullet Friday along with 8 other pullets. She has the friendliest personality. She along with one of the other 8 weekers (a Deleware who has some tail feathers missing and was getting pecked on) are in the house. I have in the last few days been letting Sadie Sue (the cochin) out in the house for a few hours. Just a little while ago my husband was sitting on the sofa and Sadie Sue flew up and went to sleep on his lap. She has never been handled prior, so she is just a sweetheart.

Sadie Sue

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  2. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    LOL she IS cute!

Watch out... I currently have 3 house chickens (at least until spring). Last night I had ond on each shoulder, one on my leg, and a kitten in my lap (everyone had to get down though when I realized Jane was a half inch from my eye and staring intently into it).

One is a bantam cochin cockeral. I agree, they are super cuddlers!

3. SHELLY

SHELLY Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    Southwest Missouri
    We have a black silkie in the house due to an injury. I told my hubby about chicken diapers and now that he is attached to her, he wants me to make her one out of a wash cloth! HAHA

Except he is serious. [​IMG]

So, how do you make one?

4. earthnut

earthnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2007
    Seattle, Cascadia
    I have a pattern! let me dig it out....

edit: shoot, it's on my computer, which my DH took with him, I won't have it for another week. :thun

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  5. earthnut

earthnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2007
    Seattle, Cascadia
    here ya go. I haven't made it yet, I got it from a fellow forumer.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  6. Sarahhenlover

Sarahhenlover New Egg

Nov 19, 2015
    i need a diaper patter for a standard hen, but this one comes out to tiny. any info??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by