I think I'm in over my head

ginasmarans

Songster
13 Years
Jan 15, 2007
West Tn
I have chicks everywhere. Here is what I have: 3 month old chicks,2 month old chicks,1 month old chicks,a hen with 13, week old chicks, a hen on day 15,on 10 eggs, a hen I gave eggs to yesterday(had to move her and she has not settled on them yet.),and 2 hens that were on the nest last night,so I'm sure in a few days they will be wanting eggs. One is a white leghorn hen,probably one of the 2 that set last year. But wait,that's not all. I also put 49 eggs in my bater last Friday. That doesn't count my grown hens,but I really don't have too many of them, just 34. I am running out of places to put these chicks and hens. Sounds like a trip to Lowe's is my near future. I just love my Hubby!

lol.png
lol Same thing with me. I just got materials to build a new hen house. I cant wait till its finished.

smile.png
here too! I put the Maran eggs under a cochin hen, so all is well with that. I have 1-2 chicks in the coop hatching from the silkie/cochin/showgirl pen, and more setting on turkey eggs! One hen is setting on guinea eggs, and my duck are close to being hatched too!

When they decided to go broody, it was ALL of them! lol
roll.png

Wow and I thought I was in over my head. I have 19 adult hens,1 rooster, 12 two week old chicks,10 eggs under a broody that are due to hatch on the 23rd and 28 eggs in my bator(all growing well) due to hatch on the 27th. And my dh is wondering where we are going to put them all lol
lau.gif

ok this what I got. 11 hens, 2 roosters (leaving soon) 6/ 5 weekers, 15 / 3 weekers, 3/ 2 weekers, 1 lonely egg in the bator. And 12 eggs in the mail soon. Yikes

Last edited:
LoL...I think most of us can relate!

What do I have - Four 6 week old geese, Five 6 week old runner ducks, three 3 week old geese, three 3 week old ducks - 4 more goslings due this week, 10 more runners due this week, and 24 eggs on the way for hatching!

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
wee.gif

I'm WAAAAAAAAAAAY under water, over my head doesn't even come close!

Thats what we get for being addicted to this site........ There is no help here just enablers that say it is ok get some more.....LOL

Yep, I'm there too. Got 46 chicks and chickens of various ages - 20 ducks and ducklings of various ages - a full bator of chick eggs and peacock eggs - many more eggs of each in shipment. I'm spending my days cleaning out duck pools and waterers and moving chicks and duckies around from inside pens to outside and back again.

I fondly remember the days when I just had my original 13 free ranging chickens and all I had to do was open the run each day and let them out and close it each evening after they had put themselves to bed. Now I fantasize about having those days again once all these babies get hatched and raised but I just can't seem to stop myself from adding more and more. Should be really fun once all the peacocks hatch.

Back
Top Bottom