I think my chick is dying in my lap

should I really try a bath? I read somewhere else in this forum that that is not a good idea.

She swallowed a little yogurt earlier and we are going to try Gatorade and crumbles mixed.

She still has not pooped and she will not open her eyes now

I couldn't save her. She is gone now.

Please, everyone who reads this. Be so careful not to let them fly out of your hands. I had her with both hands and she flapped hard and flipped right out of them. This happened so quickly and now she died from it.

hit.gif

I am so sorry. Don't blame yourself. Accidents happen and the little ones are SO quick!
I hope it comforts you to know that you made her last hours comfortable and warm. You did everything you could.

Aww RIP baby chick
sad.png

You were the best mom to her before she went though.
One of mine flew out of my hand the other day too, lucky she landed on her feet and seems okay. It scared me and now we hold them much closer to the ground, just in case.

Oh, peace be with you, you tried very hard to save her without knowing what was wrong which was very stressful, i cringed as I read down the second page and she was gone. She has no pain now and is at peace. Hugs to you.

I'm sorry you lost your little Clarabel. Please don't feel bad, you did the best for her. We all learn a little something when this happens...

Its so easy to miscalculate as well as far as heights. I didnt have a brooder set up for my babies when I first got them, so put them on top of the stove with the hood lamp on. We keep the house about 82 anyhow, and so with that lamp on(with changing to a higher watt bulb) it was about 95 there. The other two went right to sleep the first nite, but my other one jumped and peeped and hollered and was very insecure. I underestimated her ability to jump out of a foot high box at 3 or 4 days old. She jumped out and I came in to find her on the floor.
She survived, thank goodness, but dislocated her wing and hurt her foot. She is 8 to 9 weeks now, and still refuses to fly any higher than a foot, and is afraid of heights. No one can tell me chicks dont remember things!
So sorry to hear bout your wee one, its so hard to watch them try to make it, and dont. My sympathies, I lost one a couple weeks ago and I still cry randomly over her.

Thank you all so much. The kids and I had a funeral for Claribel this morning and we will plant a nice hosta where she is burried. Some people think I am nuts for mourning a chicken. I'm very glad this forum is here for emotional support.

I'm so sorry you lost Clarabel...I'm sure she knew that she was loved and cared for when she crossed.
We've all gone through this...and nothing gets my feathers in a twist more than, "So what? It was just a chicken." You won't get that here.

Hi.. I'm new on here and I don't know how to post yet!! I think my chick is dying too. I think she has pasty butt and I've tried to wash her bottom with lukewarm water but she seems to get really stressed so I'm gonna try again tomorrow.. I had six eggs and only two if them have hatched. I would be devastated to lose one of them.. What should I do???

Back
Top Bottom