I think my chickens have a cold??!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by amillecay, Jan 9, 2012.

1. amillecay

amillecay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2011
    They are about 8 months now and none of them seem lighter. They are weezing and sneezing. They have had these problems just today 1-9-12. I have 7 and this is going on with all of them. They have been eating and drinking just fine. The poo is normal. I havn't done anything to help treat them yet because I don't know what it is. I have some cedar in the bedding I have had it in there for a few weeks now and I havn't noticed anything going on at all untill now I am putting some aspen in there tomorrow so there wont be near as much cedar just to make sure!

Sorry if it seems all choppy i had to get this done fast.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  2. BamaSilkies

BamaSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2011
    NE Alabama
    Need more details you can use the sticky at the top of list. Age, kind, etc.....

3. amillecay

Dec 29, 2011
    Fixed it!

4. HK Bar Ranch

HK Bar Ranch New Egg

Dec 18, 2011
    I went with all pine...no fumes...on ur chicks i have 3 in my icu pen and just finished up 4 days of Tylan 50 injections. 2 were sneezing and had nasal discharge the other had bubbles in her eyes...all seem to be on the mend...hope it helps

5. amillecay

Dec 29, 2011
    Quote:None of mine are have nasal dicharge that I can see just weezing and sneezing

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by