I think my coop is too small

Its Courtney

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 10, 2013
I bought this coop because it said you could have 4 to 10 chickens so I got four chickens and now that I have put the thing together I think it's too small.

Could you measure it, and post the dimensions-- inside space, and outside space? Just looking at the picture, I can't figure out how big it is. The requirements used most often as a 'rule of thumb' here on BYC are 4 square feet per bird of inside space (coop), and 10 sqft per bird of outside space (run), with the ability to go with less coop space if they have more run.

Could you measure it, and post the dimensions-- inside space, and outside space?  Just looking at the picture, I can't figure out how big it is.  The requirements used most often as a 'rule of thumb' here on BYC are 4 square feet per bird of inside space (coop), and 10 sqft per bird of outside space (run), with the ability to go with less coop space if they have more run.  

Okay the inside is 24x24 and the outside is 28x24
[/IMG]

Is that last picture looking down from the top? Those roosting bars are way to close to the walls. How long are the roosting bars? Four might fit across but there is not enough room for their tails between the roost and the wall.

Back
Top Bottom