I think my ducklings have niacin deficiency…

Duckling treats can be chopped lettuce [very chopped] diced tomatoes, mealworms, but be sure to offer chick grit in a small bowl in their brooder not in their feed. They by instinct know when they need it.

Here is excellent info on Niacin def.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/

Stop with the brewers yeast it doesn't have near the niacin they need.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/

once you notice a possibility of niacin def you need to get them on liquid B complex. the info tells you all you need to know.

What breed of ducklings? solid yellow can go through a stage when they begin losing down and look bald in places wings being one. Pictures would be a good idea.
Never seen a 2-week old duckling with angel wing.

:welcome
They are pekin ducklings. When i first got them. I couldn’t find any feed that had niacin in it, so I had to order some online and I didn’t get it until 2 days after ordering.
Anything that's not feed? Like a treat? They need a well balanced diet so treats should be minimal. Is this feed your feeding a starter or all flock?
It’s flock raiser crumbles feed.

Duckling treats can be chopped lettuce [very chopped] diced tomatoes, mealworms, but be sure to offer chick grit in a small bowl in their brooder not in their feed. They by instinct know when they need it.
Do I need grit with treats? i don’t have any grit, unfortunately.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Close ups of the ducklings with the problems you describe would be more helpful.
not sure if this helps, but this is them now. I turned the heat lamp off and they’re all huddling together at the cool end. i’m really scared. i don’t want my ducks to die.

Can you post pictures? You should also try Nutri-drench, and you may be able to find specific niacin supplements if brewers yeast isn't doing it. Also, grass is very high in niacin. If you give them some grit you can give them a bowl of grass. All my ducklings have just gone crazy for plain ol grass.
Will post some pics. What kind of nutri-drench would you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom