I think my ducklings have niacin deficiency…

Two weeks old is pretty young to see a true niacin deficiancy. You duck house doesn't look very big and can your ducklings dunk their heads in the water to clear their nares? Super important that they can.
If my duck moms are hatching and raising then everyone gets All Flock and whatever else they can find. I might throw in some oats for niacin but that's all.
You don't have to worry about angel wing till the feathers come in.
But get a waterer in there to clean those nares if you don't already have one and let see how big their pen is

Two weeks old is pretty young to see a true niacin deficiancy. You duck house doesn't look very big and can your ducklings dunk their heads in the water to clear their nares? Super important that they can.
If my duck moms are hatching and raising then everyone gets All Flock and whatever else they can find. I might throw in some oats for niacin but that's all.
But get a waterer in there to clean those nares if you don't already have one and let see how big their pen is
What kind of waterer is good? my ducklings love to get their water dirty when they eat or poop

For that many ducklings you will need at least 2. And a very large brooder so they can move around.
2F935B29-A214-43E3-9C38-886A540F0593.jpeg

What kind of waterer is good? my ducklings love to get their water dirty when they eat or poop
I make my own. I take a gladware container and cut a hole in the side and add just enough water so the can dunk their heads and clean their nares. The top stays on or the ducklings will be trying to swim in it. For young ducklings I put a rock inside so they can't tip it over.

They live in a large storage box. Unfortunately, it’s the only thing that’s small enough to fit in the house. My parents wanna put them outside so soon bc they’re growing, but i don’t feel comfortable with that yet bc they don’t have all of their feathers. ☹️

Back
Top Bottom