I think my goose is in love with a chicken

JeccaCups

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 23, 2015
A few months ago, I noticed my guard goose, Mr. Noodle, hanging out with one of my Buff Orpingtons quite a bit. He'd stay with the whole flock, but he always made sure he knew where she was. I didn't think much of it, and then she went broody and I moved her to a broody pen. (Now that I think about it, he would stay by her when she started brooding in the main nesting boxes, omg.) Well, the babies are about 3 weeks old and venturing out of their pen with mama. I noticed Mr. Noodle following them around quite a bit, and I was nervous at first, but today I saw him guard the chicks from a rooster who got too close in the most defensive position I have EVER seen him in, snake neck low to the ground kinda thing, and OMG HE IS SUCH A GOOD GOOSE DAD :hit Idk if it's because they are her babies, or because they are babies in general, but it's the cutest darn thing I've ever seen <3

Attachments

• IMG_20210714_175104875_HDR2.jpg
    IMG_20210714_175104875_HDR2.jpg
    985.4 KB · Views: 50
A few months ago, I noticed my guard goose, Mr. Noodle, hanging out with one of my Buff Orpingtons quite a bit. He'd stay with the whole flock, but he always made sure he knew where she was. I didn't think much of it, and then she went broody and I moved her to a broody pen. (Now that I think about it, he would stay by her when she started brooding in the main nesting boxes, omg.) Well, the babies are about 3 weeks old and venturing out of their pen with mama. I noticed Mr. Noodle following them around quite a bit, and I was nervous at first, but today I saw him guard the chicks from a rooster who got too close in the most defensive position I have EVER seen him in, snake neck low to the ground kinda thing, and OMG HE IS SUCH A GOOD GOOSE DAD :hit Idk if it's because they are her babies, or because they are babies in general, but it's the cutest darn thing I've ever seen <3
He’s a sweetheart😍

Back
Top Bottom