I think my peahen killed herself. ..

But its a very large open space with no hidey holes because I don't want hiding spots for vermin to hide in. I guess I should add a hidey spot for the other hen so the same thing doesn't happen to her.

Not that this will help you as you apparently have all cocks, but you can add things to the run like saw horses, picnic tables and chairs to create an obstacle course that allows birds to get away form others when being chased but stops varmints from having a hiding place...

India Blues need approx 100-150sq feet min per bird and this is especially true during the breeding season when the males can and will get aggressive.

Even that amount of space is the bare minimum once a bird gets into full train, many never realize they will take up a complete 10x10 (100 sqft) area just spinning around showing off their tail...

I. Feel. Dumb.
Don't feel dumb. Life is a learning process. Now that you know...you can take steps to readjust the situation.
thumbsup.gif

It's good that you posted and asked. We're all learning every day. Knowledge is power.

Hey, we had chickens for all my childhood years and I had NO idea that there were so many breeds of chickens. Like wow!

And although I don't plan on having any peas, I learned from your post. Maybe this information will help others.

Best of luck with your peas.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom