I think my rabbits are pulling fur!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by obsessed, Nov 22, 2008.

1. obsessed

obsessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Slidell, LA
    I think my two does I got from the LA chickenstock are pulling fur. I think so cause they had some fur like they shed a bit on the floor underneath their cages. None of the other rabbits have that. I am so exited. I put the next boxes in their cages and I gave them more hay (need to get some straw). So I guess I will join all the other anticipation fill people who are waiting for chicks or something to be born or hatch. Yayyy

2. rubyv67

rubyv67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Daggett,CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    I don't use straw at all with my rabbits. Hay and shavings in the nest box. That way when the babies are old enough to start trying hay- it is all around them.

4. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    the vet told me once to give her some little pieces of stuffing material to add to her nest. This was after what I was told was a he gave birth and I had already removed HIS nest.

5. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    So did you breed them, or you are just thinking they may be bred? They could be molting, which will leave hair under their cages. Usually when does pull fur to have babies, it is in clump, and kind of sits around in the cage.

6. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    i had mine in the house and she pulled stuffing from under the couch too [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by