Rabbit

Nov 3, 2022
I have a rabbit who recently(well a while ago, October 2023) lost his bonded partner, they had been bonded for as long as I can remember and he barely ate for weeks after that, and even after all these months he’s still overly aggressive, I’ve been trying not to pick him up alot but by doing that I haven’t been spending time with him. He has two hides in his cage and a few balls but I think I’m going to get him more interactive toys and a hay rack because I feel like it will offer more stimulation. I was wondering if I could put seeding straw(with tackifier) in a cardboard box to encourage his digging habits, will he get sick if he eats it, or will it hurt his paws? Are there any alternatives and what are some toys and ways to make him less bored because I do think that’s where his anger is coming from.
7BE3B6E2-69DB-4548-8B34-C9A974E1C806.jpeg

I have a rabbit who recently(well a while ago, October 2023) lost his bonded partner, they had been bonded for as long as I can remember and he barely ate for weeks after that, and even after all these months he’s still overly aggressive, I’ve been trying not to pick him up alot but by doing that I haven’t been spending time with him. He has two hides in his cage and a few balls but I think I’m going to get him more interactive toys and a hay rack because I feel like it will offer more stimulation. I was wondering if I could put seeding straw(with tackifier) in a cardboard box to encourage his digging habits, will he get sick if he eats it, or will it hurt his paws? Are there any alternatives and what are some toys and ways to make him less bored because I do think that’s where his anger is coming from.View attachment 3764051
aww its so big

Yes he is neutered
That helps. You could get him some sand to dig in. I don't think I'd use what you mentioned. Rabbits in my experiences can be moody critters. Some like handling more than others. At least you don't have to worry about surging hormones. Does he try to bite you?

That helps. You could get him some sand to dig in. I don't think I'd use what you mentioned. Rabbits in my experiences can be moody critters. Some like handling more than others. At least you don't have to worry about surging hormones. Does he try to bite you?
Yes he does but he’s never broke the skin. Is there a certain brand of sand that would be best for him? If you don’t know is there someone who would know?

There are a few members on here that keep house rabbits. Hopefully they will help out. Mine were always outside, and were allowed to dig in the sand and gravel in their run. There was no brand name.

Back
Top Bottom