I think one is a Golden Sex Link but not sure of the two Black hens?

OK went and picked them up and got some better pictures. Looks like there is some blue greens in the back feathers (turquoise as my 7 year old stated
big_smile.png
) and some brown on the chest area. One has a comb and one does not?

Also thanks for such quick info!!! We have been coming to this site for awhile but this is our first post.

Isa Brown is another of many labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links. Other labels include Red Star, Gold Star, Brown Sex Link, Golden Buff, Cinnamon Queen, Golden Comet, Hubbard Golden Comet, Bovans Brown, Shaver Brown, Babcock Brown, Warrens, HyLines, Gold Lines, Lohmans, Lohmans Brown, etc., but no matter which label they are marketed under, Red Sex Links are egg laying machines. The Black Sex Links are also egg laying machines. These are the two brown egg layers typically used by commercial laying houses and they should give you loads of eggs. :eek:)
x4

OK went and picked them up and got some better pictures. Looks like there is some blue greens in the back feathers (turquoise as my 7 year old stated
big_smile.png
) and some brown on the chest area. One has a comb and one does not?
They are Black Sex Links and Red Sex Links. Both are egg laying machines. :eek:)

These are really fuzzy and over exposed photos.  It's difficult to tell the leg color of this bird (white or yellow) and white type of comb it has (single? Rose?).  I can't really see it's tail either (only the black feathers at the base). My first impression is that it's a Coumbian mixed breed pullet, but with better pictures, that might change. I hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom