I think one is a Golden Sex Link but not sure of the two Black hens?

4kurtz

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 2, 2014
Some friends took these Hens in due to predators issues at their own house. They have offered them to us because they already have a bunch of girls and know we are looking. These girls are suppose to be around 6-9 months old as they just began laying.

Any help on identifying what type of Hens these are? From looking at pictures I am thinking the brown one is a Golden Sex Link but not sure and have no clue on the black ones unless they are also sex links. Sorry for the bad pictures I will try and get some better ones if needed.

Thank you

Last edited:
The brown one is a Red Sex Link (some hatcheries market them as Golden Sex Links). I can't see the two black ones real well, but it looks to me like the one in the bottom pic has some reddish or copper colored feathers in the neck area. If the two black ones have these non-black feathers in the neck area , then they are Black Sex Link hens. If they are solid black (no other colored feathers in the neck area), then they are Black Australorps.

I say black sex link and isa brown
Isa Brown is another of many labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links. Other labels include Red Star, Gold Star, Brown Sex Link, Golden Buff, Cinnamon Queen, Golden Comet, Hubbard Golden Comet, Bovans Brown, Shaver Brown, Babcock Brown, Warrens, HyLines, Gold Lines, Lohmans, Lohmans Brown, etc., but no matter which label they are marketed under, Red Sex Links are egg laying machines. The Black Sex Links are also egg laying machines. These are the two brown egg layers typically used by commercial laying houses and they should give you loads of eggs. :eek:)

Isa Brown is another of many labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links.  Other labels include Red Star, Gold Star, Brown Sex Link, Golden Buff, Cinnamon Queen, Golden Comet, Hubbard Golden Comet, Bovans Brown, Shaver Brown, Babcock Brown, Warrens, HyLines, Gold Lines, Lohmans, Lohmans Brown, etc., but no matter which label they are marketed under, Red Sex Links are egg laying machines.  The Black Sex Links are also egg laying machines
.  These are the two brown egg layers typically used by commercial laying houses and they should give you loads of eggs. :eek:)
. Thxs for the information can you tell me what kind of chicken this is and its gender

The brown one is a Red Sex Link (some hatcheries market them as Golden Sex Links). I can't see the two black ones real well, but it looks to me like the one in the bottom pic has some reddish or copper colored feathers in the neck area. If the two black ones have these non-black feathers in the neck area , then they are Black Sex Link hens. If they are solid black (no other colored feathers in the neck area), then they are Black Australorps.
x2

X3

. Thxs for the information can you tell me what kind of chicken this is and its gender

These are really fuzzy and over exposed photos. It's difficult to tell the leg color of this bird (white or yellow) and white type of comb it has (single? Rose?). I can't really see it's tail either (only the black feathers at the base). My first impression is that it's a Coumbian mixed breed pullet, but with better pictures, that might change.

These are really fuzzy and over exposed photos. It's difficult to tell the leg color of this bird (white or yellow) and white type of comb it has (single? Rose?). I can't really see it's tail either (only the black feathers at the base). My first impression is that it's a Coumbian mixed breed pullet, but with better pictures, that might change.

Sorry for the typo, it should read "Columbian."

Back
Top Bottom