i think roo. what about you.

missmelis

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 11, 2013

I am new to silkies but I think he is a too. He won't let me touch him. I think I see a comb under there but when I try to touch its face it freaks. It was doing this cute little beep like noise then this morning I thought I heard whatmight be an attempt at a crow. I ccan't have this many roosters. What to do. Its so cute though.opinions

It can be hard to tell with Silkies, but that bird looks like a pullet to me. Roosters generally have spikier crests, "streamers" (thin, longer feathers coming out of the back of the crest), a taller stance, and a larger comb/wattles.

Hi missmelis and
welcome-byc.gif

Would you mind telling us how old s/he is? Silkies are notorious for guessing the correct sex until they lay that egg or crow. I agree that boys will have the spikier hair-do but that may not come in for a bit if he is still young.

A clearer head shot would be helpful, of both the comb/face and a side profile of the head. However, based on these pictures, I'm going to tentatively say cockerel, because I believe I see streamers in that first picture.

A clearer head shot would be helpful, of both the comb/face and a side profile of the head. However, based on these pictures, I'm going to tentatively say cockerel, because I believe I see streamers in that first picture.
I agree. I think I see gold streamers and hackle feathers as well.

Back
Top Bottom