fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I'm no expert, but I've been told that all natural plain yogurt (NO sugar/fruit etc) when mixed with the chick feed to make a mash, is good for helping them digest what's in their crop. Please someone tell me if I'm wrong, but my girls love my plain yogurt, and no crop troubles so far!

YES sometimes I put a small amount of yogert in the water I am trying to give them.
So Sorry - Just hold the little thing I'm sure it likes the warmth and love coming through your Hand.
Sorta like a hug. I just tell them how sorry I am.
Every once and a while something like this happens and it is so beyond our control
But it is still hard and sad.

hugs.gif

Last edited:
Do not force her to drink! Put it in her beak and let her do the rest! She could choke on the water, and I learned that the hard way.
sad.png
Realy hope she feels better

* She's gotta be exhausted, O., ya know. Maybe just make sure she has water with an eyedropper. . and maybe we need to rethink her food. Praying for her, hon.
love.gif
(Chicks arent sposed to need grit, are they??)

Last edited:
Thank you so much you guys. we're giving her some yogurt but we think she's too far gone. She's disinterested in every thing we give her. won't open her eyes.
PLEASE MORE HELP
ANYTHING TO SAVE HER

Praying...poor little baby Valentina..
Warmth and energy from your mom's loving hand is good.
I hope that somehow this turns around......
JJ

I had one older one who acted like that, the vet said it was stress, but the only reason she was stressed was becaunse of a new enviroment and lack of social activity, but it all happened after she was attacked by a dog and had surgery. She started growing more lethargic and acted just as your chick does. The only reason she died was beacause she choked on water we force fed her. hope this helps

We're giving her water again. She sat up and opened her eyes for a sec. then fell bac into her little trancelike state. Please any ideas to save her?
Opening her mouth really wide in a weird gasping, gaping way when she breaths.

Last edited:
All you can do is hold her and love her like Fluffnstuff said... I am sorry. She does sound like she's pretty far gone. She is probably exhausted - fighting for your life is hard! Keep her warm, give her little drips of water on her beak from your fingertip - don't force it. You can get the water down the wrong pipe, and that will kill her for sure. Just love on her, and know we understand what you're going through.

Back
Top Bottom