I think we're getting close

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by SkyWarrior, Jul 22, 2010.

1. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Songster

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    Had a talk with the 24 non-laying chickens. MIFChick, my noisy EE pullet with the very red comb continued to make noise. I finally picked her up and took a look. Her vent is bigger than the others and her pubic bones are starting to widen. I think she's going to be my first egg layer. I took a look at Percher and Ginger who are the same age and neither show quite as much development. They'll be 23 weeks this weekend.

Here's hoping for an egg.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  2. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    [​IMG] best of luck I keep looking on mine too. here to hoping we both get eggs soon [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. CCFarms9559

CCFarms9559 Songster

Jul 16, 2010
    Jeffersontown, Ky
    23 weeks and not laying... Mine are 18 and I was hoping for something in the next couple of weeks. Hhmmm:/

4. flash5153

flash5153 Chirping

May 23, 2010
    Welll,,double,,hmmmm? I have 9 Golden comets at 15 weeks and I was hoping for a egg very soon. Me too--------->[​IMG]

5. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Songster

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed that we haven't seen eggs yet from my 4 oldest girls who are 23 weeks. I have 6-- 18 weekers, 6 -- 17 weekers and 3-- 15 weekers. I don't count the 5 -5 week chicks, because they're too young. But everyone else, heck, they should be doing something!

I've started the 23 week pullets on layer ration. Hopefully that will help things along. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by