I this normal

karhernandez33

Songster
9 Years
May 24, 2010
wichita falls texas
I have several chicks but two of them stand out.... They are the same breed ( dont know what kind ) one has grown most the wing feathers but the other very little... It look like a T-Rex.lOl...trying to upload the pic

Well I'm really not much help to you, but thought you at least deserved a response from someone. My immediate thought is that you MIGHT have a roo there. Only because I have read that roos are slower to feather out. I can't see in the picture, but is there also much difference in the way the combs are growing out? I think they are pretty young to be making judgments about roo or not, but it is something to keep in mind.

Yup, very likely - if there is one that is feathering out different from all the others - that it's a roo.
OR - maybe just a late bloomer.
Cute chicks either way.

They are both feathering VERY slowly. Most chicks look like that at one week, not one month. Where did you get them?

Atwoods ...they are losing the baby fuzz but not getting much on feathers..i think they will have a rose comb cuz its flat on top. The other two are already almost totaly feathered

Atwoods ...they are losing the baby fuzz but not getting much on feathers..i think they will have a rose comb cuz its flat on top. The other two are already almost totaly feathered
with a rose comb, they could be a heritage breed which is known to be slower developing. You pay for it on the front end with the development, and reap the reward on the back end with a hen that lives and lays longer.

Back
Top Bottom